Heart of Enquiry/Kent Family Series
Stars 4/5 (Jennifer Ashley, Sarah MacLean, Jess Michaels, Margaret Mallory, Julie Johnstone, Monica McCarty)
It’s always nice to discover a new author you end up enjoying...then binge on her reading material...Grace Callaway is such for me.
I read The Duke identity (Harry/Tessa: Games of Dukes) story first then started my journey into the Kent family from there.
Grace Callaway definitely has a script to her books...great characters, easy flow of writing, mystery storyline (not main focus of the book telling) and very hot detailed sexual content with ‘dirty’ words thrown in. NOW if you don’t like the above, you’re probably not going to enjoy her books.
4 stars: This book was good, worth reading in a few days. It hit pretty much most of my personal markers for a good read and well roundness of the book; it just lacked ‘something’ for 5 stars (usually a little slower moving for my liking and/or humour and/or romantic).
I love series around family members or a group of friends. I love the series even more when the author intertwines those characters throughout the book series (it’s a pet peeve when authors don’t do that because what’s the point of the series and introducing the characters if they are not going to interact throughout the series)
The development and interest in main characters and secondary characters was enjoyable. It kept me wanting to know and read more.
The give and take dialogue along with the humour made this a good read.
Movement of the book flowed for the most part. Book writing/conversation engaging.
Romantic /sexual content (kissing, oral and love making scenes) was throughout the book. Like I said...detailed and explicit writing (in my opinion...i read someone gave it 3.5/5 in this area where i would rate it 5/5...readers views)
Totally recommend author.
Will read the next book by the author.
if you want to read the Kent Family
1. Her Protectors Pleasure (Ambrose/Marianne: Mayhem in Mayfair) 4/5
2. The duke who you too much (Emma/Alaric: Heart of Enquiry) 4/5
3. M is for Marquess (Gabriel/Thea: Heart of Enquiry)4/5
4. The Viscount always knocks twice (Violet/Richard: Heart of Enquiry)3.5/5
5. Never say never to an early (Polly/Sinjin: Heart of Enquiry) 4/5
6. The Gentleman who loved me (Primerose/Andrew) 3.5/5 (Primerose whiny ass got on my nerves super bad...Andrew was the saving grace of this book)
7. The Duke identity (Harry/Tessa: Games of Dukes) 4/5
Also recommended theses titles as you see these characters in many of the books too.
1. Her Husbands Harlot (Helena/Nicholas: Mayham in Mayfair) before Ambrose/Marianne.
2. Regarding the Duke (Gabby/Garrett: Game of Dukes) Gabby friend 4/5
3. The Duke Redemption (Wickham/Beatrice: Game of Dukes) Wickham is Richard/Violent brother 3.7/5 (l liked both characters, sometimes they became just too ‘whiny’ for their own good)