- helpful votes
- The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress
- Written by: Steven Pinker
- Narrated by: Arthur Morey
- Length: 19 hrs and 49 mins
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? In this elegant assessment of the human condition in the third millennium, cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, which play to our psychological biases. Instead, follow the data: Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise, not just in the West but worldwide.
Intellectual optimistic Steven Pinker did it again
- By Justin Greeno on 2018-04-07
insightful and engaging
Pinker's outline of where we have been lays open a clear path toward mutual benefit for all mankind.