Get a free audiobook
Chess for Beginners
- Why Queen's Gambit Isn't for You, Top 7 Openings for Beginners. How to Play Like the Real Queen of Chess
- Narrated by: W Donald Miller
- Length: 3 hrs and 18 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
Netflix’s The Queen Gambit might’ve given you the motivation to play chess; this book will give you the knowledge!
The top-rated Netflix show The Queen’s Gambit took the world by storm. Not only are chess aficionados beyond grateful that it brought the spotlight back to the game, but it sparked new interest among younger generations to get away from video games and start playing chess.
But, where do you start as a beginner?
Not everyone has Beth Harmon’s ability to visualize the future of the game on the ceiling. Don’t be discouraged by this; even Beth relied on books to master her game. However, some of the books you might’ve read so far are too complicated and confusing.
Among the most commonly discussed topics in chess books for beginners are chess openings. While there are hundreds of ways to start a chess game, not every opening promises the same odds of winning. And, although you might want to start right away with the Queen’s Gambit traditional opening, this book explains why it isn’t for beginners.
Would you like to:
- Gain a better understanding of chess?
- Learn its basic rules and how the pieces move?
- Discover the best openings for beginners?
- Reach a point where you’ll be able to visualize the game?
Don’t you dare think that just because you’ve lost a few games that chess is not for you. With so many sources to learn chess from, you might’ve been overwhelmed. Luckily, this book brings summarized information on the matter of how to play chess even if you’re a beginner.
Here’s what you’ll get out of this book:
- A clear picture of what chess is, a game that has been around for over a thousand years;
- The basic things every beginner should know and how to apply them to your game;
- Seven chess openings for beginners (and why the Queen’s Gambit isn’t one of them);
- A few simple tips and tricks that’ll help you to up your game and chances of winning;
- Evolved thinking and strategizing capabilities you can apply both in life and in the game