As seen in the Sony Pictures 2016 film Ghostbusters, here is the ultimate guide to identifying, understanding, and engaging with any paranormal activity that plagues you.
Years before they made headlines with the Ghostbusters, Erin Gilbert and Abby L. Yates published the groundbreaking study of the paranormal Ghosts from Our Past. Once lost to history, this criminally underappreciated book is now back in print, revised and somewhat updated for the new century.
According to Gilbert and Yates, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence", and whether you're a believer or a skeptic, you'll find the information you're seeking right here in this extraordinary book, including:
- The childhood experiences that inspired Erin and Abby's lifelong passion for the scientific study of the paranormal
- The history of ghosts and other supernatural entities, the science that explains their existence, and profiles of the groundbreaking paranormal researchers who have investigated them
- A guide to class I through class VII ghosts
- Helpful sidebars like "A Ghost by Any Other Name" and "Ectoplasm Cleanup Tips"
- Updates including "The Ghostbusters' Arsenal" by Jillian Holtzmann and "Haunted History" by Patty Tolan
- A new ghostbusting resources appendix, featuring the "Paranormal Quickstart Guide", "Is It a Ghost? A Handy Quiz", "A Supernatural Stakeout Journal", "The Devil's Dictionary: Paraterminology You Need to Know", and more
With this helpful - and hilarious - official Ghostbusters guide in hand, you'll be prepared for almost any spirit, spook, or specter that comes your way. As for the rest, you know who to call.
Includes a Bonus PDF of Ghostbusting Resources
Cast of Narrators:
- Hillary Huber, as Dr. Abby L. Yates
- Emma Bering, as Dr. Erin Gilbert
- Paul Boehmer, as Martin Hess
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
What members say
- James Musgrove
Who could've found this?
As a major Audible user and a HUGE fan of tie-in media, I think a major opportunity was missed. I only knew this existed from watching the Blu Ray of the movie and taking a gamble that it was real! I'd have probably bought a ticket to see it in theatres had I known this existed
2 of 2 people found this review helpful