Get smart about personal finance with the art and science of negotiation.
Negotiating Your Investments is an in-depth guide to applying the principles of negotiation to your personal finances. With expert insight into the before, during, and after of a successful negotiation, you'll learn how to prepare for and conduct important financial discussions with an eye toward getting the best possible outcome. The audiobook contains practical, actionable guidance toward pursuing what you really want, and tools that can greatly improve your chances of getting it. Clear, concrete advice describes how to influence the other side, avoid being taken advantage of, and direct the conversation to your advantage.
As a rule, investors fail to negotiate over financial matters, to their great detriment. Improving returns, or reducing fees, by a mere 1 percent per year can make a remarkable difference in your bottom line. For example, a million-dollar investment that returns 7.5 percent rather than 6.5 percent, over 30 years, will put an extra $2.1 million dollars in your pocket. With that much money at stake, good negotiating practices become extremely valuable. Negotiating Your Investments provides the skills and tools you need to hold your own at the negotiating table while offering advice you can put to work immediately.
- The elements of negotiation - identifying goals, interests, commitments, alternatives, and power
- Preparation, information exchange, bargaining, and closing and commitment - the four phases of negotiation
- Asymmetric information, conflicts of interest, professionalism, and whom to trust
- Investment vehicles and the economic science that lies behind wise investing
- Hard economic truths involving past results, rational market pricing, diversification, interest rates, and the effect of costs on investment returns
What listeners say about Negotiating Your Investments
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Jinean F.
This book is a great listen. it's very educating and has some great golden nuggets.
Simple & to the point
This books presents some simple & some complicated terms in an easy to listen manner.
Somewhat lengthy and thorough. Enjoyed it.