Showing results by author "Angela J. Hanscom"
All Categories1 result
Balanced and Barefoot
- How Unrestricted Outdoor Play Makes for Strong, Confident, and Capable Children
- Written by: Angela J. Hanscom
- Narrated by: Rebecca Mitchell
- Length: 6 hrs and 27 mins
Today's kids have adopted sedentary lifestyles filled with television, video games, and computer screens. But more and more, studies show that children need "rough and tumble" outdoor play in order to develop their sensory, motor, and executive functions. Disturbingly, a lack of movement has been shown to lead to a number of health and cognitive difficulties, such as attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), emotion regulation and sensory processing issues, and aggressiveness at school recess break.
Nature literacy in children.
- By Anonymous User on 2019-08-13
Add to Cart failed.Please try again later
Add to Wish List failed.Please try again laterPlease try again later
Price: CDN$ 32.92