Gratuit avec l'essai de 30 jours
Hope Through Cancer
- A Survivor's Journey with Hope, with an Artist's Perception in the Light of the 23rd Psalm
- Narrateur(s): Lori L. Parker
- Durée: 4 h et 49 min
Échec de l'ajout au panier.
Échec de l'ajout à la liste d'envies.
Échec de la suppression de la liste d’envies.
Échec du suivi du balado
Ne plus suivre le balado a échoué
Acheter pour 18,74$
Hope Through Cancer is a unique book about a cancer survivor's journey with hope.
Faith, my wife, has ovarian cancer. She can close her eyes and see a mental image of a path, calm waters, shade, light, and hope. We turned this into an official painting about her journey that she mentally envisioned and was created by me. The painting is an artist's perception of a survivor's journey with hope in the light of Psalm 23. She has found the 23rd psalm to be in harmony with each aspect of her journey finding a new life, having settled fear about death.
Each chapter describes a particular part of the painting, the journey, and Psalm 23. There are eight chapters.
1. The gates represent the entrance into unknown territory that only survivors can relate to.
2. The rose on the gate is the emblem of love and support so needed on the journey.
3. The path represents that long journey and the way the Good Shepherd leads.
4. The many obstacles on the journey with cancer is represented by the branch.
5. The bench stands for the time of meditation and thoughts concerning everything in life and preparing for the inevitable.
6. The still waters represent calmness in the soul that only the Good Shepherd can provide.
7. The light is the hope and direction received from the Good Shepherd that leads the way.
8. The bridge stands for the difficult rivers in life that must be crossed including the last one.