An enthralling collection of creepy and mysterious stories. From classic detective stories to spine-tingling horror and scary ghost stories, these tales will make your flesh crawl....
- 'A Ghost Story' by Mark Twain
- 'The Silver Mask' by Hugh Walpole
- 'The Cactus' by O. Henry
- 'Dead of Night' by W. F. Harvey
- 'The Terrible Old Man' by H. P. Lovecraft
- 'Rattle of Bones' by Robert E. Howard
- 'The Last Leaf' by O. Henry
- 'The Magnet' by Barry Pain
- 'Pickman’s Model' by H. P. Lovecraft
- 'Sea Curse' by Robert E. Howard
- 'The Mystery of the Steel Room' by Thomas W. Hanshew
- 'The Whistle' by Hugh Walpole
- 'The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone' by Arthur Conan Doyle
- 'The Ransom of Red Chief' by O. Henry
- 'The Man who hated Aspidistras' by W. F. Harvey
- 'The Dream Snake' by Robert E. Howard
- 'This is All' by Barry Pain
- 'The House of Cobwebs' by George Gissing
- 'Miracles' by Barry Pain
- 'Pigeons from Hell' by Robert E. Howard
- 'The Paradise of Thieves' by G. K. Chesterton
- 'The Cop and the Anthem' by O. Henry
- 'The Blue Sequin' by R. Austin Freeman
- 'Double Demon' by W. F. Harvey
- 'The Thing on the Roof' by Robert E. Howard
- 'Bagnell Terrace' by E. F. Benson
- 'A Foggy Evening' by A. J. Alan
- 'His Brother’s Keeper' by W. W. Jacobs
- 'Moon’s Gibbet' by Egerton Castle
- 'Charles' by A. J. Alan
And 30 more enthralling stories...
What listeners say about Fireside Tales
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Great book with some great stories
I'm glad that I didn't listen to the review on how bad the narrator was. I thought she did a great job and am looking forward to other books read by her. Some of the stories we're not as good as others but over all a really great book.
6 people found this helpful
- Dr. Joe de Beauchamp
This is a very good collection of thriller tales for the fireside. These help me fall asleep at night and we're quite good and then I felt the narrator did an excellent.
What disappointed you about Fireside Tales?
The cadence of the reading was, after noticing, unbearable.
Who was your favorite character and why?
Couldn't tell, the focus was on the reader, not the story.
Would you be willing to try another one of Cathy Dobson’s performances?
If you could play editor, what scene or scenes would you have cut from Fireside Tales?
Were there scenes?
2 people found this helpful
- Armour Family
Worst narraration I've ever heard!
The narrator is so painful to listen to it actually gave me a headache. Stay away!
6 people found this helpful
- G. Buonanducci
Would you try another book from the authors and/or Cathy Dobson?
Yes, I would try another book from the authors.
What was your reaction to the ending? (No spoilers please!)
On the whole the stories were excellent.
How could the performance have been better?
the stories were read in a monotone. I am used to readers changing their voices as the read .
Could you see Fireside Tales being made into a movie or a TV series? Who should the stars be?
Haven't thought of that.
3 people found this helpful