Free with 60-day trial
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wish list failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
$14.95 a month
Buy Now for $35.73
Historians and theologians have long recognized that at the heart of the 16th-century Protestant Reformation were five declarations, often referred to as the "solas": sola scriptura, solus Christus, sola gratia, sola fide, and soli Deo gloria. These five statements summarize much of what the Reformation was about, and they distinguish Protestantism from other expressions of the Christian faith. Protestants place ultimate and final authority in the Scriptures, acknowledge the work of Christ alone as sufficient for redemption, recognize that salvation is by grace alone through faith alone, and seek to do all things for God’s glory.
In God’s Glory Alone: Audio Lectures, together with accompanying book God’s Glory Alone, renowned scholar David VanDrunen teaches through the historical and biblical roots of the idea that all glory belongs to God alone. Lessons examine the development of this theme in the Reformation, in subsequent Reformed theology and confessions, and in contemporary theologians who continue to be inspired by the conviction that all glory belongs to God. VanDrunen illustrates the biblical story of God's glory, beginning with the pillar of cloud and fire revealed to Israel, continuing through the incarnation, death, and exaltation of the Lord Jesus Christ, and culminating in Christ's Second Coming and the glorification of his people. In light of these wonderful biblical themes, each session addresses several of today's great cultural challenges and temptations - such as distraction and narcissism - and reflects on how commitment to God's glory alone fortifies us to live godly lives in this present evil age.
Session titles and runtimes:
- Soli Deo Gloria Among the Reformation Solas (16 min)
- The Glorious God, Glorified Through Us: Soli Deo Gloria in Reformed Theology (18 min)
- In the Cloud: God's Glory Made Visible, Part 1 (18 min)
- In the Cloud: God's Glory Made Visible, Part 2 (16 min)
- The Brightness of His Father's Glory: The Glory of God Incarnate, Part 1 (16 min)
- The Brightness of His Father's Glory: The Glory of God Incarnate, Part 2 (19 min)
- The Glory of Christ in the Glorification of His People, Part 1 (19 min)
- The Glory of Christ in the Glorification of His People, Part 2 (18 min)
- Prayer and Worship in an Age of Distraction, Part 1 (20 min)
- Prayer and Worship in an Age of Distraction, Part 2 (18 min)
- The Fear of the Lord in an Age of Narcissism, Part 1 (17 min)
- The Fear of the Lord in an Age of Narcissism, Part 2 (19 min)
- Glorifying God in an Age That Is Passing, Part 1 (19 min)
- Glorifying God in an Age That Is Passing, Part 2 (18 min)
What listeners say about God's Glory Alone: Audio LecturesAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Amazon Customer
Soli Deo Gloria
This has been a great lecture on glory. Where it comes from, what it is, and how it pertains to us. I will never look at the word glory again because it now means soo much more to me. Thanks for making this work so available.
- Anonymous User
To God be the Glory.
I really enjoyed the book. easy to follow along if you wanted to take notes it allows you to do so.