Listen free for 30 days
Helping Your Anxious Teen
- Positive Parenting Strategies to Help Your Teen Beat Anxiety, Stress, and Worry
- Narrated by: Pam Ward
- Length: 7 hrs and 27 mins
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wish list failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for $21.92
Most parents find it frustrating when common sense and logical methods such as reassurance don't seem to work to allay their teen's anxiety. They want to know: Why is anxiety so hard to get rid of once it takes hold? Why aren't my efforts to help working? And how can I best help my teen break free from anxiety to become happy and resilient?
This powerful book, based on cutting-edge research and cognitive behavioral strategies, will help you develop the know-how to effectively manage teen anxiety. You'll learn the best ways to support your teen in overcoming problematic thinking and fears, discover what behaviors and coping strategies unwittingly make anxiety worse, and understand how anxiety is best defeated with surprisingly counterintuitive methods. Step-by-step guidance, along with numerous real-life examples and exercises, will help you to:
- Sensitively redirect your teen's worries when they intensify
- Reduce social anxiety, perfectionism, and panic attacks
- Proactively address common triggers of stress and anxiety
- Implement a proven approach for decreasing avoidance and facing fears