Listen free for 30 days
Mastering the Hire
- 12 Strategies to Improve Your Odds of Finding the Best Hire
- Narrated by: Van Tracey
- Length: 6 hrs
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wish list failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for $31.44
Research shows you have a 50% chance of hiring the right employee...and a 50% chance of hiring the wrong one. It’s a toss up, but it doesn’t have to be.
Mis-hires siphon your energy and erode team culture. Replacing them is stressful and can cost over $40,000 per re-hire. With the right tools, all of that can be avoided, and you can consistently make great hires. After years of scientific research and first-hand interview experience with thousands of candidates, Chaka Booker has created a system that helps employers consistently make great hires.
Mastering the Hire provides 12 proven strategies that have been used to accurately identify the right talent 90% of the time. Whether hiring manager, business owner, CEO, search consultant, team manager, team member, novice or expert interviewer, Chaka’s method is for anyone who wants to beat the hiring odds. In this audiobook, you will learn:
- How to manage your intuition: when to trust it and when to put it aside.
- Question design principles: structuring questions so candidates are influenced to tell the truth.
- The power of pressure: when to apply or release pressure and how to control the hidden internal pressure that leads to poor decisions.
- To identify key competencies: the four competencies you must always interview for and techniques to accurately assess them.
- Tools for removing bias: tomorrow’s talent doesn’t fit yesterday’s mold and is often overlooked. Understanding and removing bias will give you a competitive advantage.
- To reimagine the hiring process: resume reviews, phone interviews, and in-person interviews will get a much-needed revamp with innovative twists on each.
The interview is the cornerstone of the hiring process, yet science has shown the odds aren’t in your favor. Mastering the Hire provides strategies that will dramatically improve the one decision that determines everything you can accomplish - who you hire.
Accompanying charts and tables are available in the audiobook companion PDF download.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
What the critics say
"In this Networked Age, candidates increasingly control their career choices. The odds of finding great talent can easily shift against you. Mastering the Hire expertly re-thinks the interview and tilts those odds back in your favor. Your success still depends on the people you hire and this book's proven strategies will help you capture the best of today's talent." (Reid Hoffman, co-founder of Linkedin and co-author of The Alliance)