Earning a living as a real estate agent is not easy. The hours are long, the work challenging, the clients demanding, and the pay sporadic. Most who embark on a real estate career don't last more than a couple of years before throwing in the towel. Of those who continue, many are in a constant state of struggle, never knowing when (or even if) their next listing or sale will come. What is it about this profession that causes so many bright and energetic people to fail? Perhaps the better question is, "What is the difference between agents that succeed and agents that fail?"
The answer lies in what they know. Most real estate agents do not know what they must do to succeed. It's that simple. Longtime real estate broker, mentor, and trainer Matt Williams has observed the practices of successful, as well as unsuccessful, agents for more than 30 years. In this book, Matt shares the things agents must think, do, and say in order to succeed.
More than 60 subjects are presented in easy-to-understand lists. Topics include:
- 15 Steps to Winning the Listing Every Time
- 31 Ways to Initiate Relationships with Homeowners
- 12 Clues That a Homeowner May Be Getting Ready to Sell
- 17 Questions You Should Be Asking Every Buyer
- 7 Reasons You Shouldn't Discount Your Fee
- 12 Things Sellers Do to Mess Up Sales
- 7 Occasions When You Should Fire a Client
- 10 Way to Get Your Family Onboard
- 12 Steps to Dealing with an Angry Client
- 7 Reasons Experienced Agents Fail
- 30 Ways to Make Your Office a Better Workplace
- 9 Ways to Make a Great First Impression
- 13 Characteristics of top Producers
- and much more
In all there are more than 800 insights, tips, and dialogues that will make you a more successful real estate agent.
What members say
Best RE Book those entering this profession.
Absolutely gold. Love it. Listening again. The advice listed in this book is invaluable. Thanks!!
- Parshall Girl
Best Real Estate Book I've Listened to Yet!
I also downloaded the Kindle version so I can have it on my phone. There are some lists that I wish I had gotten the day I left school. I highly recommend this book, & I've already sent it to two real estate friends. He does not mess with your time either. His stated goal is to give you valuable information even if you only have two or three minutes to listen. He delivers that promise.
- Nevada City Girl
I have been in real estate for 12 years. this book helped me to realized what is important and what is a time waster. I will listen to it again