"Soft skills are the hard skills.” (Amy Edmondson, Harvard University professor)
According to People Skills, 80 percent of people who fail at work do so because of a lack of social skills. This is especially true of new hires and millennials who have grown up in the digital world and may not have had an opportunity to learn to effectively communicate in a business setting.
Office Meta Game is the best soft skills training guide, because author Dekker Fraser provides real world experience as an employee moving up through successful businesses. He also gives advice for business managers learned from the best business environments in the world at Kraft and Baxter. Fraser is also a prominent leader in soft skills development, teaching communication skills at Northwestern and Columbia, and in many leadership workshops.
In this valuable soft skills workbook, you will learn proven methods that can be effectively applied around the world by both employees and supervisors:
- The two ways the coworkers and supervisors evaluate you and how to ensure that they like you and feel comfortable working with you
- The five most important interpersonal skills for the modern office and how to quickly develop your social interaction skills in these vital areas
- The three biggest barriers to effective business communication and proven methods for overcoming those challenges
- Ways to be likable and listen to others, while still achieving your goals for job promotions and leadership positions
- Steps to develop effective leadership and collaborative leadership skills for supervisors in order to encourage teamwork and employee collaboration in diverse workplaces
Now, you can learn to feel comfortable and have fun at work, while contributing as a productive member of your team in the workplace, just as the author has learned and applied these principles over decades of success in the business world.
Click on the "buy now" button to get the audiobook.