In this breakthrough book, world-renowned hormone specialist Dr. Robert Greene explores the connection between two of the least understood, and yet most important, physiological factors: hormones and the brain. In Perfect Balance, Dr. Greene presents a comprehensive program for reaching hormonal balance, including how to:
- craft a personalized hormone therapy program that's unique to your body and your symptoms
- avoid forgetfulness, moodiness, sexual dysfunction, and even the advance and progression of Alzheimer's disease
- understand the pros and cons of the latest cutting-edge hormone therapies
- establish your individual hormone profile, gauge your progress, and determine when and how to target lingering problems
- recognize "good" and "bad" estrogen, and how to balance the two types
- troubleshoot your symptoms, including migraines, hot flashes, sleeplessness, and depression
- implement the Perfect Balance Diet and Exercise Program, designed for optimal hormonal health
Dr. Greene explains that hormones play a role in every aspect of your health, from quality-of-life issues to the onset of certain diseases, and he shows how righting your hormonal balance can bring about sweeping improvements to your overall health. Sure to become a trusted resource, Perfect Balance is the most groundbreaking book on women's health in decades.
What the critics say
"A solid mix of technical explanation and easy-to-follow advice." (Publishers Weekly)
What listeners say about Perfect Balance
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Terrible outdated nutritional advice
Biggest waste of time and money ive ever invested cant wait to forget this crap
Great book for WOMEN.
Unfortunately, I didn't notice until after I bought this book that it is written purely to deal with FEMALE hormonal issues. It handles that very well. For a guy like me, though, who is also interested in hormones from the male point of view, such as testosterone, it was a waste of money.
10 people found this helpful
A lot of good information
This is a very useful tool. It is full of useful information. I'm going to get the paperback version to keep as a reference guide.
4 people found this helpful
A Natural Approach
If you could sum up Perfect Balance in three words, what would they be?
Wealth Of Information
What was one of the most memorable moments of Perfect Balance?
When the book addressed ingredients in health and beauty products and the effect these items have on our hormonal health. Such as paraben.
What does Robert A. Greene bring to the story that you wouldn’t experience if you just read the book?
Robert Greene's performance was excellent. You knew that he was very knowledge on the subject and very passionate about the subject matter.
Was there a moment in the book that particularly moved you?
When he spoke about some things I consume that are having a negative effect on my hormones. I would have never known these things if I hadn't listened to this book.
3 people found this helpful