Listen free for 30 days
Quick Classics Collection: 20th-Century Writers
- The Secret Agent, Sons and Lovers, Ghost Stories
- Narrated by: Tim Pigott-Smith, Sir Ian McKellen, Sir Michael Hordern
- Length: 8 hrs and 54 mins
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wish list failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for $19.81
We are sorry. We are not allowed to sell this product with the selected payment method
William Collins Books and Decca Records are proud to present Argo Classics, a historic catalogue of classic fiction read by some of the world’s most renowned voices. Originally released as vinyl records, these expertly abridged and remastered stories are now available to download for the first time.
This collection brings together the best British writing of the 20th century, narrated by a trio of beloved voices from the stage and screen. From the ghost stories of M.R. James to the intensity of D.H. Lawrence’s Sons and Lovers, as well as the intrigue of Joseph Conrad’s spy thriller, The Secret Agent, these enthralling modern classics will delight every listener.
These classic stories are read by The Jewel in the Crown’s Tim Pigott-Smith; legendary Shakespearean actor Sir Michael Hordern; and Sir Ian McKellen.
This collection includes:
- The Secret Agent by Joseph Conrad, read by Tim Pigott-Smith
- Sons and Lovers by D. H. Lawrence, read by Sir Ian McKellen
- Ghost Stories by M. R. James, read by Sir Michael Hordern