Listen free for 30 days
Quick Classics Collection: Victorian Women
- Little Women, Silas Marner, Emma
- Narrated by: Glenda Jackson, Dame Judi Dench, Prunella Scales
- Length: 8 hrs and 36 mins
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wish list failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for $19.12
We are sorry. We are not allowed to sell this product with the selected payment method
William Collins Books and Decca Records are proud to present ARGO Classics, a historic catalogue of classic fiction read by some of the world’s most renowned voices. Originally released as vinyl records, these expertly abridged and remastered stories are now available to download for the first time.
What did it mean to be a woman in the Georgian and Victorian periods? These beloved novels offer three dramatically different, but universally recognisable, experiences.
Whether it is the drama of sisterhood, the trials and tribulations of romantic encounters, or the struggles of being a writer in a male world, each story holds just as much resonance for the female experience as they did on first publication.
This collection includes:
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, read by Glenda Jackson
- Silas Marner by George Eliot, read by Dame Judi Dench
- Emma by Jane Austen, read by Prunella Scales