Answers to the most common questions and misconceptions about the Bible
Seven Things I Wish Christians Knew About the Bible is a short and accessible introduction to the Bible - its origins, interpretation, truthfulness, and authority.
Bible scholar, prolific author, and Anglican minister Michael Bird helps Christians understand seven important "things" about this unique book:
- How the Bible was put together;
- What "inspiration" means;
- How the Bible is true;
- Why the Bible needs to be rooted in history;
- Why literal interpretation is not always the best interpretation;
- How the Bible gives us knowledge, faith, love, and hope;
- How Jesus Christ is the center of the Bible.
Seven Things presents clear and understandable evangelical account of the Bible's inspiration, canonization, significance, and relevance in a way that is irenic and compelling. It is a must for any serious Bible reader who desires an informed and mature view of the Bible that will enrich their faith.
Accompanying tables and recommended reading are available in the audiobook companion PDF download.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.