Now in its third edition, Stronger After Stroke gives the power of recovery to the listeners by providing simple-to-follow instructions for reaching the highest possible level of recovery. The audiobook's neuroplastic recovery model stresses repetition of task-specific practice, proper scheduling of practice, setting goals, and measuring progress to achieve optimal results. Researcher Peter G. Levine breaks down the science and gives survivors evidence-based tools to retrain the brain and take charge of recovery.
Stronger After Stroke introduces listeners to leading-edge stroke recovery information while simplifying the process to attain specific benchmarks. Also included is a sample recovery schedule, a helpful glossary of frequently used stroke recovery terms, and a list of resources for listeners to research emerging stroke recovery options.
The new third edition of Stronger After Stroke features:
- Complete update of all chapters to reflect new knowledge about maximizing recovery
- The latest research insights applied to individual recovery programs
- Steps to cope with challenges at each stage of recovery and achieve success
- Strategies to save time and money
- New chapters on using electrical stimulation, reducing post-stroke pain, and understanding spasticity
What listeners say about Stronger After Stroke, Third EditionAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Anonymous User
Good explanation of what stroke is and variety of possible treatments. I recommend this book to anyone who is dealing with stoke for themselves or family/friend.
This book was very hard to read I will not recomme
did no like this book. would like for it to be taken off of my list. Did not give anything that I want.