Listen free for 30 days
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wish list failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
$14.95 a month
Buy Now for $16.59
The 11 Immutable Laws of Internet Branding is the definitive text for businesses eager to jump on the Internet expressway.
In the book you'll learn why:
- The Internet can be a business or a medium for your brand, but not both.
- Interactivity is the single most important ingredient of any Internet site.
- The kiss of death for an Internet brand is a common name.
- Being second in a category is tantamount to being nowhere.
- You have to be fast. You have to be first. You have to be focused.
- Everyone is talking about convergence while just the opposite is happening.
The 11 Immutable Laws of Internet Branding will also give you tangible information on how to successfully build your company, product, service, or self into a hot and profitable brand on the Internet. Specifically you'll learn how to:
- Build a brand that will dominate a category over an extended period of time.
- Find a proper name (instead of a common one) for your Web site.
- Take your brand into the global marketplace.
- Avoid the biggest mistake in Internet branding: the belief that you can do everything.
- Take advantage of the transformations that will occur in all aspects of life, thanks to the power of the Internet.
With characteristic counterculture observations and signature marketing savvy, Ries and Ries bring their expertise to branding on the Internet, the most challenging problem in the world of marketing today. No one who wants to turn a brand into a global phenomenon should ignore their sage advice.
What listeners say about The 11 Immutable Laws of Internet BrandingAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Somewhat dated - pre dot com bust and google... This book seems for those trying to build an internet only business - like ebay, yahoo. If looking for a book on helping your website this may not be for you (unless your going really big with large internet focus)
4 people found this helpful
Terribly out of date -- and completely wrong
Every "immutable" law presented here has been broken and, subsequently, became the rule. This is a terribly out of date book -- written in the hacylon days of Yahoo and Amazon. Definitely pre-Google and pre-ebay. According to this book, audible.com shouldn't exist as the URL breaks one of the authors' laws.
2 people found this helpful
I recommend this book to anyone interested in the basic marketing functions and characteristics of the internet.
- Brad L
This might have been a good book to read 15 years ago. Most of the real-life company scenarios are from way in the past and I found the examples to no longer apply. Amazon was only selling books as of this writing if that tells you anything. If you're a newbie to the Internet, maybe you can find some applicable items. Other than that, dont waste your time.
- W. T. Miller
A bit dated
What would have made The 11 Immutable Laws of Internet Branding better?
It would have been good when it first came out; now it felt dated. For example, at time of writing, Yahoo was the most powerful portal. And Google was not mentioned once in the book.
What could Al Ries and Laura Ries have done to make this a more enjoyable book for you?
They were good to listen to as readers; no complaints.
If you need help sleeping, this is the book for you.