This nonfiction self-help book for young listeners with disordered eating and body-image problems delivers real talk about eating disorders and body image, tools and information for recovery, and suggestions for dealing with the media messages that contribute so much to disordered eating.
You Are Enough answers questions like these:
- What are eating disorders?
- What types of treatment are available for eating disorders?
- What is anxiety?
- How can you relax?
- What is cognitive reframing?
- Why are measurements like BMI flawed and arbitrary?
- What is imposter syndrome?
- How do our role models affect us?
- How do you deal with body changes?
Just to name a few.
Many eating-disorder books are created in a way that leaves many people out of the eating-disorder conversation, but this book is written with a special eye to inclusivity so that people of any gender, socioeconomic group, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or chronic illness can benefit.