If you want to discover the captivating history of the Norman Conquest and William the Conqueror, then pay attention...
Two captivating manuscripts in one audiobook:
- The Norman Conquest: A Captivating Guide to the Normans and the Invasion of England by William the Conqueror, Including Events Such as the Battle of Stamford Bridge and the Battle of Hastings
- William the Conqueror: A Captivating Guide to the First Norman King of England Who Defeated the English Army Led by the King of the Anglo-Saxons in the Battle of Hastings
Here are just some of the topics covered in part one of this audiobook:
- England Before the Death of a Pious King and the Norman Invasion
- Edward the Confessor and the Question of Succession
- The Norwegian King Harald Hardrada
- William, Duke of Normandy
- Harold II of England
- Verification of Events and Preparations for War
- The Invasion of the Norwegian King Harald Hardrada
- William Arrives in England
- The Battle of Hastings and William’s Coronation
- Rebelling Against the New King and the Consequences of Doing So
- The Domesday Book
- Effects of the Conquest
- Shakespeare, Lully, and the New Art
- Seers and Prophets
- Records of 1066 CE - Insight into a Time of Turmoil
- And much, much more!
Here are just some of the topics covered in part two of this audiobook:
- The Conquest: Normandy and Britain in the Late 10th Century, the Battle of Hastings, and the Aftermath
- From Duke to King: Ruling over England and Normandy
- Final Years and Death
- William’s Character: Personality Traits, Virtues, Flaws, and Motivations
- And much, much more!
So, if you want to learn more about the Norman Conquest and William the Conqueror, then listen to this audiobook now!
D'autres livres audio du même...
Ce que les auditeurs disent de The NormansMoyenne des évaluations de clients
Évaluations – Cliquez sur les onglets pour changer la source des évaluations.
- Utilisateur anonyme
Absolutely Amazing Audiobook!
This audiobook was amazing. I loved that the reader wan't monotoned. I have always loved the Normans and this audiobook gives a very deep look into William the Conqueror's early life, his conquest of England, and the circumstances in England that led to his invasion. I would totally recommend listening to this audiobook.
Great combo for William and Norman era
This is two different books that work well paired together. The details of the Norman conquest give a great perspective and context for the Norman invasion of England. Much of the first book does concentrate on England the various lines of succession both from within England and from other lines from the Danes and Norwegians and Normans and how all that played into William deciding to invade.
The Battle of Hastings is given vivid detail and was enhanced by information drawn from both the Bayeux Tapestry (Norman) and Anglo Saxon Chronicles. Another very interesting part was the Doomsday Books and how they came to be and where the name is derived from.
The book on William the Conqueror (among many names) starts out attempting to clear up is other moniker, William the Bastard, may have been latter-day propaganda and explains his actual situation in Normandy before 1066. It was very interesting to learn so many other aspects of this complicated ruler both before and after the famous battle.
- evelyn sill
this was a really interesting book. I had to take notes to keep some of the facts straight. I thoroughly enjoyed learning about the battle of Hastings. the entire book was excellent, I would give more than 5 stars but that is the most I can give