Listen free for 30 days
The Great Chair
- A Window on Effective Board Leadership
- Narrated by: RP Singh
- Length: 7 hrs and 11 mins
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wish list failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for $25.00
The Great Chair speaks to a single issue-why board chairs are more important than ever for effective governance. This book tackles board leadership fundamentals, such as:
- How effective board chairs engage colleagues to reach consensus
- How effective chairs lead the board so the board, in turn, fosters organizational effectiveness
- The trick to ensuring a focus on the highest priorities
- And-critically-how to build and sustain trust with the CEO and within the board
With nearly four decades of experience with the good, bad, and ugly of the board universe, Brian Hayward hones in on practical ways to develop the thinking and behaviour necessary for anyone taking this seat. Through real-life examples, and stories featuring Paul McCartney, Kalahari bushmen, Robert Maxwell, camels, Buddhist parables, and the Boeing 737 Max, listeners will see how chairing a board requires leadership competency of its own (distinct from being a director). See what skills differentiate mediocre chairs from a truly great ones. The Great Chair has take-home value - with practical checklists you can use - and a personal development roadmap for you to develop the key skills central to effectively engaging individuals and groups.
If you are on a personal journey that may include becoming a board chair-whether the organization exists for profit, and whether it is corporate, family, venture, public agency, or charity in form - The Great Chair was written for you....