Listen free for 30 days
What Is Your Story?
- Let's Talk About Adoption and Kinship
- Narrated by: Lynn Deiulis
- Length: 20 mins
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wish list failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for $4.95
We are sorry. We are not allowed to sell this product with the selected payment method
What Is Your Story? is an engaging audiobook that gives children permission to discover their unique journey of adoption or kinship. The book's goal is to normalize the questions children have while at the same time normalizing the need to ask them.
Each chapter can be listened to independently and even out of order in an effort to focus on each child's specific story.
This book can help:
- Parents, caregivers, and other adults involved in the adoption or kinship process to have open, honest discussions with children about their unique stories.
- Birth parents who want to talk about adoption and kinship with birth children they are not living with. It can help children understand their unique story of why they are not living together with their birth parent(s) and who their birth family is.
- Professionals who are preparing children for adoption or kinship placements, as well as therapists working with children who are living through adoption or kinship processes.
Special note to parents/caregivers: This is more of a journey than a story, and sometimes you or your child may need to stay on a chapter until it is comfortable to continue, until all the feelings are felt, or until all the questions are asked. Just like other journeys, detours and construction delays are normal and even expected. Some families might need to reach out to community resources to help manage their feelings, and that is encouraged.
There are as many ways to listen to this audiobook as there are butterflies.