Listen free for 30 days
Your Body Is Your Brain
- Leverage Your Somatic Intelligence to Find Purpose, Build Resilience, Deepen Relationships, and Lead More Powerfully
- Narrated by: Marisa Blake
- Length: 8 hrs and 43 mins
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wish list failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for $25.00
Around the world, a swelling tide of people are discovering an astonishing, life-altering truth. This book tells their extraordinary stories:
- an anxious PhD student builds his confidence by changing his workout
- back exercises help one woman negotiate a fix to a botched home repair
- a Microsoft executive grows credibility by shifting her stance
- an executive team leads their company to a 30 percent increase in valuation by dancing together
In this timely and engaging book, Amanda Blake synthesizes research from more than two dozen scientific fields to reveal how you, too, can come to embody vital qualities such as these:
- align your daily activities with a deeper sense of meaning and purpose
- become more relaxed, confident, and at ease in high-pressure situations
- shatter limitations that have been immune to "the power of positive thinking"
- create better relationships at work and at home
- turn conflict into opportunity
- and many more valuable skills that will enable you to contribute, succeed and enjoy life at the highest levels
Strengthen your social and emotional intelligence by cultivating your innate somatic intelligence. This is powerful applied mind-body science, in the workplace and beyond. Tap the intelligence hidden in posture, gesture, and sensation and you will open the door to more meaning, greater courage, deeper connection, and more powerful leadership than you imagined possible.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
What the critics say
Winner: Nautilus Books for a Better World—Social Science
Winner: International Book Awards—Psychology/Mental Health
Winner: Indie Excellence Awards—Leadership
What listeners say about Your Body Is Your BrainAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
There´s no PDF on the audible platform
I would like to get the PDF the author references several times during the lecture.
Something went wrong. Please try again in a few minutes.
You voted on this review!
You reported this review!